Anjana Bhatt: eResources Librarian
Areas of Responsibility
- Primary contact for investigating, acquiring, and establishing access to new e-resources.
- Electronic Resources Management Systems
- License negotiations
- E-resources policies and procedures
- Usage statistics
See Curriculum Vitae for detailed experience and scholarship
BA, (Economics and Political Science) University of Delhi, 1980
MLIS, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India, 1989
MA (English), Osmania University, Hyderabad, India, 1992
MSIRM (MS Information Resources Management), Syracuse University, 1997
- Library Assistant, Atomic Minerals Division Library, Govt. of India. November 1978 - January 1981
- Senior Librarian, CMC Ltd. Hyderabad. India. January 1981-June 1995
- Business Outreach Librarian, Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, Florida. June 1997-April 2005
- E-resources Librarian, Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, Florida, April 2005 - Present
- Open Access
- Discovery Tools
- Emerging e-Resource Standards
- Faculty Senate
- University Library Committee
- University Promotion Document Committee
Awards & Grants
- Professional Development Grant, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2016, & 2017
- UKSG, 2013 John Merriman Joint NASIG/UKSG Scholarship Award
- Best paper Award at Library& Information Professionals Summit, 2016 Conference, Special Library Chapter, New Delhi, India
- NASIG 2016 Rose Robischon Scholarship Award
- American Library Association
- President, Florida Association of College and Research Libraries, (FACRL), 2011-12
- FACRL liaison to Florida Library Association Conference Program Planning Committee, 2010-11
- Co-chair: LITA Electronic Resources Management/Interest Group (ALA), 2010-11
- Chair: Asian African and Middle Eastern Section (AAMES) of ACRL (2002- ) 2009-10
- Chair: Program Planning Committee, AAMES, 2003
- Co-chair: AAMES/Rare Books and Manuscripts Section (RBMS) program planning committee, 2004
- Innovative and Value Added Services in Libraries: USA experience. Published in the conference proceedings. International Conference on Library and Information Services in Knowledge Society: Innovative, value added services and best practices. March 2, 2017. Aizawl, Mizoram, India.
- Serials Spoken Here–Reports of Conferences, Institutes and Seminars. K Blythe, M Aghazarian, A H Bhatt, R Becker, G Coleman, LA DePope, Serials Review 43 (1), 71-103.
- Management of Open Access Collections: Current Scenario in American Academic Libraries and a Sample Work Flow", Library& Information Professionals Summit - 2016 From Ownership to Access Leveraging the Digital Paradigm Proceedings, pp. 225-228, 2016.
- E-trials in Academic Libraries: 101 and Beyond. Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship, Volume 27 (2), 121-127, 2015.
- E-resource round up: UKSG 2013 annual conference and exhibition, Bournemouth, England, April 8-10th, 2013. Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship, Volume 25, 2013. pp.304-325.
- Open Access Collections: What is Your Number? Purdue e-Pubs. http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1051&context=charleston
- Positioning Your Library in an Open-Access Environment. Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship, Volume 22, Issue 3 & 4, July 2010, pp. 96-101.
- Assessing e-collections when every e-resource has its reader, every reader has his/her e-resource, and e-resources are ever growing. Against the Grain: special issue on “Collection Assessment in the Digital Age”, November 2006.
- Developing Library Resources for Cyberspace: Effect of Internet and Information Technologies on Academic Libraries of India. Journal of Library and Information Science, Vol. 26, Number 2, October, 2002.
Workshops as a Presenter
- Lost in the Forest of License Negotiations??? Your Glowing Breadcrumbs at XXX Charleston Conference, 2010. Full day pre-conference workshop at the 30th Annual Charleston Conference, November 3, 2010. 19 participants.
- Master of License Negotiations: Your Three Hour Degree to Learn Practical Strategies and Tips. Pre-conference Workshop presented at the XXIX Annual Charleston Conference: Issues in Books and Serials Acquisition, Charleston, South Carolina, November 4, 2009. 26 participants.
- Management of Electronic/Digital Resources. One day workshop presented at the Osmania University and the MLIS students, Hyderabad, India. August 3, 2008. 85 Participants.
- E-Resources Management. One and Half Day workshop presented at the University of Puerto Rico Libraries. March 10-11, 2008. San Juan, Puerto Rico. 55 Participants.
- Accepting an Electronic Resources Librarianship Position: The Best Professional Decision You Ever Made! Now What? Your A to Z guide to practical tips, strategies, workflow standards, and software applications you need to succeed. Half-day pre-conference workshop presented for the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) at the annual American Library Association (ALA), conference, Washington, D.C., June 22, 2007. 56 Participants.
- E-resources Management: Ingredients and Recipes for Success. One day workshop for the Southwest Florida Library Network (SWFLN), Fort Myers, Florida. May 23, 2007. 12 Participants.
Presentations at National Conferences and Other Venues
- Emerging Global Trends: What is Relevant to Libraries and Why Should it Matter to You. Invited Keynote Session: Presented at International Conference on Reshaping Libraries: Emerging Global Technologies and Trends (ICRL-2018). Organized by DELNET, India. February 1 - 3, 2018. DOI: http://doi.org/cjjt
- Research Strategies: Tools & Tips, Invited Lecture at Marwadi University, Rajkot, Ahmedabad. March 6, 2017. DOI: http://doi.org/bz6h
- Blueprint for a Value-Added Triangle and Student Benefits; can developing e-collections help? Invited Keynote Session. Presented at CLSTL 2017: International Conference on Changing Landscape of Science & Technology Libraries, March 4, 2017. Ahmedabad, India. DOI : http://doi.org/bz46
- Innovative and Value Added Services in Libraries, USA Experience. Invited Keynote Session. Presented at International Conference on Library and Information Services in Knowledge Society: Innovative, value added services and best practices. March 2, 2017. Aizawl, Mizoram, India. DOI: http://doi.org/bz47
- Open Access Collections Management: Survey Results & Process Tips, International Federation of Library Association (IFLA), WLIC Conference, Columbus, Ohio, August 15, 2016.
- Open Access Collections: Current Scenario in American Academic Libraries", Library and Information Professionals Summit (LIPS) 2016, International Conference on "From Ownership to Access: Leveraging the Digital Paradigm". Ambedkar University, New Delhi, India, May 19-20, 2016
- Research Support Services at Academic Libraries in USA; Thinking out of Box", Nirma Institute of Technology Library, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad, India, June 2
- E-resources Trials: Successful Strategies and Tips from Your Friendly Neighborhood Librarian. FLVC Regional Conference (4), Hillsborough Community College, Brandan Campus, Florida, April 28, 2015.
- Open access digital collections at Florida Gulf Coast University: a case study. Paper presentation at International Conference on Digital Libraries and Knowledge Organization (ICDK 2011) New Delhi, India, February 14-16, 2011.
- Open Access E-Journals. What is your Number? 29th Annual Preconference and Conference Issues in Book and Serial Acquisitions, Charleston, November 5, 2009.
- Open-Access E-journal Initiatives and Digital Libraries of Asian Countries. AAMES Research Colloquium on Saturday July 11, 2009, ALA Annual Conference, Chicago. July 10-15, 2009.
- License management through the ERMS application and critical importance of public display of terms and conditions at your e-journal portal; a practical approach. Electronic Resources & Libraries, Annual Conference, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, February 22-24, 2007.
- Are you taking baby steps towards your new ERMS? Learn about current scenario, software tools, challenges and practical steps for a confident stride. XXVI Charleston Conference: Issues in Books and Serials Acquisition, Charleston, South Carolina, November 8-11, 2006.
- Developing Library Resources for Cyberspace: Effect of Internet and Information Technologies on Academic Libraries of India. National Conference on Asian Pacific American Librarians (Affiliates of American Library Association), San Francisco, California, 2001.
- Introduction to Search Engines. Anjana Bhatt and Pamela Sawallis. Annual Para Professional Day, Southwest Florida Library Network (SWFLN), Fort Myers, Florida 2001, May 4, 2001.
- Dynamic Web Pathfinders: Subject Librarian Empowerment. Anjana H. Bhatt, Georgia Allen and Kitti Canepi. Information Strategies for the Next Century, Fort Myers, Florida, November 14-16, 2001.
- Managing Library Services with the Web; Digital Possibilities in Interlibrary Loan, Circulation, and Collections. Anjana Bhatt and Pamela Sawallis. Information Strategies for the Next Century, Fort Myers, Florida, March 16-17, 2000.
- Extending Access and Managing Metadata with the Web: Digital Possibilities in Interlibrary Loan, Circulation, and Collections. Pamela Sawallis and Anjana Bhatt. Special Library Association, Florida and Caribbean Chapter Workshop, Tampa, Florida, February.
Book Reviews for Choice Magazine
- Review of “Implications of Social Media Use in Personal and Professional Settings. Vladlena Benson & Stephanie Morgan. IGI Global, 2015.
- Review of web site “Biz Ed” http://www.bized.ac.uk/reference/index.htm Published in January 2007.
- Review of “The value of a dollar: prices and incomes in the United States, 1860-2004. Derks, Scott. [3rd ed]. Grey House, 2004. 664p bibl index ISBN 1592370748, $135.00”. Published in December 2005.
- Review of “International encyclopedia of hospitality management, ed. by Abraham Pizam. Elsevier, 2005. 685p bibl index ISBN 0750659963, $240.00”. Published in March 2006.
- Review of "Encyclopedia of Management" (5th ed.), Edited by Helms, Marilyn M.2007. Published in August 2007.