Danielle Zino Rosenthal: Head of Library Technology & User Experience
Danielle Zino Rosenthal, MLS
office: 133B Library East
Area of Responsibility:
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for the development and future growth of the library’s virtual presence.
- Lead the analysis, design, development, implementation, assessment and marketing of the library website and web applications in support of teaching, learning, and scholarship activities of the FGCU Library community.
- Serve as liaison to the University’s ITS Department’s Library Unit.
- Collect, analyze and report statistics and other relevant data regarding library and instructional technology and user experiences.
B.A., Biology, Long Island University, New York
M.L.S., Queens College of the City University of New York
Publications, Presentations, & Awards
Are Your LibGuides 2.0 (images, tables, & videos) mobile friendly? Maybe not, and here’s what you can do about it. ACRL TechConnect April 28, 2016
Library Web Presence Award, Florida Library Association, May 2015
Implementing Web Scale Discovery without a Map, Danielle Rosenthal, Jean Phillips, Jane Strudwick, Dave Whisenant, & Michael Kucsak, Florida Library Association, 2012 Annual Conference, Orlando FL April 18, 2012
Rosenthal, D., & Bernardo, M. (2010). Creating a Library Database Search using Drupal. Code4Lib, 6-22(10) http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/2920
Cooke, Rachel and Danielle Rosenthal. “Students Use More Books After Library Instruction: An Analysis of Undergraduate Paper Citations.” College & Research Libraries 72.4 (2011): 332-343.
Print is Still Popular: An Analysis of Undergraduate Paper Citations after Library Instruction, Rachel Cooke & Danielle Rosenthal, Florida Library Association, 2010 Annual Conference, Orlando, FL, April 8, 2010
A New Approach to Engaging a Campus in Issues of Assessment, Danielle Rosenthal & Lois Christensen, Ph.D., Association for General & Liberal Studies 47th Annual National Conference, Portland, ME, October 2007
Improving Information Literacy among Undergraduates, Danielle Rosenthal & Nora Demers Ph.D., 1st Annual Interdisciplinary Research Conference for Faculty at FGCU, April 7, 2006.
- Mango Discovery, 2013
- FCLA uBorrow Usability Study Report, 2010
- FGCU Library Web Usabilty Study Report, 2009
- Website Usability Issues & Actions, 2010
FL Academic Library Services Cooperative (FALSC), User Interface Standing Committee, Chair
FGCU Faculty Senate Technology Team
FGCU Dive Control Board
Divemaster, 2012 to present, PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors)