FGCU Library Books and other materials
Find books e-books, videos, and other media that the FGCU Library owns using the Library Catalog. Check out & return books at the Circulation desk (590-7610):
- Need to bring: Eagle ID card
- Limited to: As many as you can carry
- Keep for: 28 days (Videos 14 days—see Circulation FAQ's and policy)
- Need longer? Renew up to 2 times in person or online
- Need help using our Catalog? Check out the following:
Can’t find what you need in FGCU’s Library?
Try these delivery services:
UBorrow: Searches catalogs of state universities and colleges
- After doing a catalog search, look for the uBorrow icon near the top right of the page.
- Items delivered in about five to seven school days.
- Receive email when item(s) available for pickup at Circulation Desk.
Interlibrary Loan (ILLIAD)
- Searches for items nationally.
- Need to create ILL account first (It’s easy!).
- Although it could be sooner, allow minimum of 10 school days.
- Receive email when item(s) available for pickup (books at Circulation Desk; articles delivered to email).
- ILL Policy
Go to our Databases page, which gives FGCU affiliates access to more than 400 databases. Each database searches a different set of publications, sometimes on a specific subject. View by title or subject or search for a specific database if you know the name.
Searching for the first time on a general topic? Try out one of our Multi-Subject databases. Good ones to start with are Academic Search Complete or ProQuest Central.
Resources to help you search for articles:
Tip: To access FGCU Library electronic resources off campus, you will be prompted to enter the 14-digit number from your student ID card.
As always, Ask a Librarian if you want more help using any of our services or resources.