Faculty & Staff A-Z list, and by department
Library hours & closures
How to make a donation, guidelines
Browse or search our knowledge base of commonly asked questions
Public notice of upcoming library meetings
Budget, planning & assessment, policies, data management
Library & FGCU policies
Library Programs, Spaces, & Projects
- FGCU Author Series
- FYE @ the Library
- Library Ambassador Program
- Library NEXT Project
- The Study @ the Library
- Art in the Library
What else is in the Library Building?
- ArtLab Gallery
- Center for Academic Achievement
- Lucas Center for Faculty Development
- Veterans Space
- Writing Center
Library Floor Maps
As of June 30, 2016
242,131 physical volumes (Including bound periodicals)
73,000 ebooks available anywhere, anytime, in every subject
Half a million online primary sources, including books, pamphlets, manuscripts, and other historical documents, in Early English Books Online (125,000) and Eighteenth Century Collections Online (183,778), The New York Times online with index, and the ProQuest History Vault’s NAACP Papers
128,000 unique journal titles through individual subscriptions, e-journal packages such as Science Direct, and databases
1,898,348 musical tracks in all genres online from Naxos Music Library
844,169 total microform units, including The Fort Myers News-Press, government documents,ERIC, and other periodicals
- The library has over 1.5 million items, including books, journals, newspapers, DVDs, CDs, musical scores, microforms, e-books and e-journals.
- There are over 400 online research databases, providing access to over 70 million full-text articles from the best academic journals in the world.
- You have free access to over 1 million streaming music titles and 100,000 streaming videos.
- The library website is awesome! Find everything you need there.
- You can text, call or email the library for help.
- Looking for a place to study? Reserve a study room!
- If you are a first year student, you have your very own librarian at FGCU! The First Year Librarian, Heather Snapp, even holds office hours and training sessions in the residence halls.
- The east wing of the library includes a 115-seat computer lab and Help Desk, group study rooms, a MAC lab, and a specialty software lab.
- The main book collection is located on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
- The 4th floor has classrooms and faculty offices, as well as offices for the Service Learning Program.
- Library West houses the reference help desk; films and music; a comfortable newspaper, magazine and journal reading area; additional group study rooms, and video-viewing areas.