The Study @ the Library Room 220 Library West
What is the Study?
A space for faculty and/or graduate students to engage in collaborative research, writing, or independent study. Graduate students can use the space for group research/writing projects, meeting with their thesis advisor, or independent study for comprehensive exams.
Work space is available on a first come, first served basis. The Study is not intended as a quiet area. We encourage collaboration. However, be respectful of others using the space.
Where is the Study?
The Study is located in Room 220 Library West. You can use it when the library is open.
I'm a graduate student, how do I get access?
I'm a Faculty member, how do I get access?
No application is necessary. All university faculty IDs are coded to open the door.
Are there computers & a printer in the Study?
Yes, there are:
- 2 Dell computer stations in individual study carrels with 20” widescreen LCD displays.
- 2 Dell computer stations with extra-large 24” LCD displays for group collaboration.
- Xerox all-in-one printer scans and makes copies.
- Wireless network access is available for personal laptop use.
How is it arranged? How big is the room?
The room is about the size of a classroom. There are:
- 2 group work tables, seating for 5 or more each
- 4 individual work spaces
- 2 white boards
Let us know how we can make this space work best for you. Make your requests, or report problems of any nature to:
Andrea Shain firstname.lastname@example.org ph. 239-745-4271Or, call the Reference Desk at 239-590-7630