By the Numbers: library quick stats
As of June 30, 2019
- 223,520 physical items
- Over 93,000 ebooks available anywhere, anytime, in every subject
- Nearly 93,000 unique journal titles through individual subscriptions and e-journal packages
- Over 100,000 streaming videos from such collections as Alexander Street Press Academic Video Online and Films on Demand Master Academic Video Collection
- More than 2 million musical tracks in all genres from Naxos Music Library online
Half a million online primary sources, including books, pamphlets, manuscripts, and other historical documents, in Early English Books Online (125,000) and Eighteenth Century Collections Online (183,778), The New York Times online with index, and the ProQuest History Vault’s NAACP Papers
- You can text, call or email the library for help.
- Looking for a place to study? Reserve a study room!
- If you are a first year student, you have your very own librarian at FGCU! The First Year Librarian, Heather Snapp, even holds office hours and training sessions in the residence halls.
- The east wing of the library includes a 115-seat computer lab and Help Desk, group study rooms, a MAC lab, and a specialty software lab.
- The main book collection is located on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
- The 4th floor has classrooms and faculty offices, as well as offices for the Service Learning Program.
- Library West houses the reference help desk; films and music; a comfortable newspaper, magazine and journal reading area; additional group study rooms, and video-viewing areas.