Library Technology: helpdesk, services, FAQ's, ADA info, green initiatives
Need Some Help? Contact Us.
- General computing and software assistance in the lab
- Printing support from library computers
- Manual library printer installation support for laptops
- Wireless connectivity access and support
- Connectivity support for library electronic resources
Library Lab ADA Information
For patrons with special needs, all library lab workstations include Windows 10’s built-in accessibility software, which is available via the search menu or in the start menu folder “Windows Ease of Access.”. All library lab computers meet accessible location and height requirements. In addition, there are four workstations and one printer located by the Library Lab Support Desk designated with ADA signs that have additional accessibility enhancements such as large-text, high contrast keyboards and Kensington Expert trackball mice.
The office of Adaptive Services at FGCU supports more extensive accessible software needs and requests.
We are committed to efficient use of technology resources, recycling, and power savings:
- Since late 2008, the library's lab and staff printers have been using 100% recycled paper.
- The Library also participates in programs for the sustainable recycling of toner cartridges, small electronics, and "paper mining" (re-using used paper).
- Since January 2007, approximately 250 of the library’s computers have been configured to automatically shut-down for a minimum of 50-70 hours per week (with longer shut down times during winter breaks, summer and intersession periods).
An estimate of the power savings to the university since program inception in 2007 is:
|Per Month||To Date|
|Electricity Saved:||5,139 kWh||570,448 kWh|
|University Funds Saved:||$539||$59,802|