Use Industry codes to search the databases. This option can be especially helpful to ensure that your search results are consistent. The following databases allow NAICS searches:
The United States employs two primary classification systems for this purpose and it is typical for companies to use both.
3. Where to find a company’s industry code? Company profiles may include both primary and secondary NAICS and SIC codes.
4. When to use an industry code?
Library sources for industry reports (databases):
Business Source Ultimate
Business Insights: Essentials
5. Search Library databases -- Use the list of keywords you brainstormed to search for current news and articles on your Industry.
6. Professional associations -- Check industry and trade association websites for free information about your industry.
7. Review market share data and other industry statistics (Business Insights: Essentials).
(239) 590-7600 | Library Webmaster