University Library Guiding Principles
- Student success drives the design of library services.
- Learner needs, rather than institutional preferences, determine the priorities for library services.
- Library Services vigorously protects freedom of inquiry and expression.
- Residents of Southwest Florida have access to general FGCU library services.
- Information technology is used in creative, experimental, and practical ways for delivery of instruction and information resources.
- Library faculty actively contribute to collaborative learning opportunities for students.
- Effectiveness through the use of comprehensive assessment is a library commitment.
- We honor the past and create the future in all library services.
Library Ethics & Values
Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) Intellectual Freedom Principles
American Library Association (ALA)) Code of Ethics
American Library Association (ALA) Library Bill of Rights
FGCU Policies & Procedures