In order to use either the Video Production Studio or Audio Production Studio, you need to first complete an orientation to the studio space you wish to use. This orientation will teach you the basics of how to operate the equipment in the studios. The orientations can be completed either in-person with Studio staff or online via multimedia tutorial.
After completing the orientations to the studios, users will be able to:
• Operate audio mixer to control input and output levels for audio recording.
• Use audio recording software on a PC to monitor and record audio input from mixer.
• Save and export audio recordings in usable and transferrable formats.
• Use broadcasting software on a PC to monitor, control, and record video and audio input.
• Operate broadcast camera.
• Select and connect appropriate microphones to capture sound during video recording.
• Save and export video recordings in usable and transferrable formats.
If completing the online orientation, be sure to complete and submit so that studio staff will receive the notification. Once you complete the orientation, you will be able to reserve the room for future use.
If you prefer an in-person orientation but are unable to make the times available, email Instructional Technology Librarian, Anna Carlin at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an alternate time. Faculty interested in setting up orientations or other training for classes of students may also contact Anna Carlin at email@example.com to make those arrangements.
(239) 590-7600 | Library Webmaster